Usage notification (myNotifications) is a free tool from Cellcom that makes it easier to keep track of your usage. Receive free e-mail or text message alerts when your voice minutes, text messages or data limits approach and when they exceed your plan allowances.
Usage alerts are included with all currently-offered consumer plans that have limited voice minutes, text messages or data allowances. You do not have to sign up to begin receiving these notifications.
Usage notifications are based on information that is received and processed by Cellcom at the time the notification is sent. There may be some delays in processing information. While the delays are normally minimal for traffic on the Cellcom network, delays can be up to 60 days when you are roaming off of Cellcom’s network due to our reliance on information from other carriers. Usage notifications do not guarantee that overages will not be incurred.
- What is myNotifications?
myNotifications is a free tool from Cellcom that makes it easier to keep track of your usage. You will receive an alert as you approach and exceed your voice, data and text plan allowances. Usage alerts are included with all currently-offered consumer plans that have limited voice minutes, text messages or data allowances. You do not have to sign up to begin receiving these notifications.
- Why did I get this notification?
You received the alert as part of Cellcom’s myNotification program. It is a free tool that helps you track your usage. You will receive alerts as you approach and exceed your voice, data and text plan allowances.
- When did this take effect?
Cellcom introduced this service in October 2012.
- How does myNotifications work?
Each time Cellcom receives a new transaction for your account, it calculates your voice, text and data usage compared to that included with your monthly service. If you are approaching or have exceeded these allowances, we will send you a text or email alert indicating whether you are approaching or already incurring overage charges. This allows you to take action before getting your bill.
- How can I get myNotifications?
Usage alerts are included with all currently-offered consumer plans that have limited voice minutes, text messages or data allowances. You do not have to sign up to begin receiving these notifications. We will be unable to send text alerts to phones with an SMS block on the line of service.
- Can I opt out? How do I opt out?
Yes. You may opt out by logging into your myCellcom account and clicking on myNotifications. At the bottom of the page there is an option “I do not want to receive any notifications regarding overages for my account.” Simply click that button and then Save. Anyone in our Customer Care department, retail store or authorized agent locations is also available to assist you at any time.
- Can/how do I change myNotification preferences?
Account owners can change the account settings from your myCellcom account. Simply login and click on myNotifications. From here, you may change your settings. Click Save when you are done. You may also call our Customer Care department or visit any retail store or authorized agent location for assistance.
- I want to be notified, however, I don’t want to be notified as often?
At this time, we do not have customized setting for accounts.
- What happens if you don’t notify me?
Cellcom will notify all customers of overages as we receive and process them. However, there may be instances where the messages aren’t received. This is why Cellcom offers other services, including #MIN and myCellcom that allow you to monitor your account, just in case.
- How soon after the overage will you notify me?
Each time Cellcom receives and processes a new transaction for your account, it will re-rate your account. If a line is approaching or has exceeded its minutes, an alert will be sent out to you. Calls, text messages and data usage placed on another carrier’s network may take up to 60 days to appear in our system for processing.
- If you can send me out a notification that I’m going over, why can’t you just fix my account or add something so I don’t go over?
The purpose of this program is to alert you that there is an issue with the account. This allows us the opportunity to discuss any options with you so you can choose the one that is built for you.
- I received an overage on my bill, but never received a notification? Why did this happen?
There are three scenarios where this could occur:
- Only rate plans that have been recently available are compatible with the Usage Notification tool.
- Transactions received into Cellcom's billing system after 8:00pm on the last day of the billing month which trigger a Usage Notification will not be delivered until after 8:00am on the following day.
- Voice, data or messaging usage that is not part of a package (aka, "pay as you go" or "transactional") will not generate a usage notification.