What is my plan?
To find your plan, you can either review your monthly Cellcom invoice, log into my.cellcom.com or contact Customer Care at (800) 236-0055. To access your account online:
- Sign into my.cellcom.com
- Your plan will be listed under Account Details.
How do I change my plan?
Simply call Cellcom's Customer Care center at (800) 236-0055 or visit your local Cellcom retail or authorized agent location for assistance.
What is Lifeline?
Lifeline is a federally subsidized program that provides wireless services to qualified low-income individuals. As a Lifeline customer, you are able to receive a reduced rate on your monthly calling plan. This is not a free service. To continue to receive service, you are responsible for paying your monthly access fee in advance. Your wireless service will be terminated if you have not made a payment by the replenishment date.
Who is eligible for Lifeline service?
Only one federally funded Lifeline service is available per household. Additional lines of service are not eligible to receive the Lifeline calling plan discount. Eligible wireless subscribers must be at least 18 years of age and have a physical address and reside in Cellcom's licensed markets. Applicant must participate in one of the following programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans Pension and Survivor Program Benefit
- Federal Housing Public Assistance
- Income below the Federal Poverty guidelines
To be eligible for Tribal Lifeline service, the applicant must have a physical address and reside on tribal lands within Cellcom's licensed markets. In addition, the applicant must participate on one of the programs listed above or one of the following:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal Head Start
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservation (FDPIR)
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
Can I switch to a Lifeline calling plan if I am an existing Cellcom customer?
Yes. An existing customer can change to a Lifeline plan if they meet the eligibility criteria, regardless of whether you are currently under contract.
How do I sign up for Lifeline service?
If you meet all eligibility requirements, you have two easy ways to signup for Lifeline. Apply Online by going to the National Verifier consumer portal at nv.fcc.gov/lifeline or fill out a paper application and mail to the Lifeline Support Center at PO Box 7081, London, KY 40742.
What is included in Cellcom's Premium Unlimited Plan?
Cellcom's Premium Unlimited Plan includes unlimited nationwide talk, messaging, and data (no overages) for up to 15 devices on an account. Customers can choose the unlimited plan that works best for them. Smartphones have 3 unlimited plans to choose from - Small (6GB), Medium (25GB) and Large (50GB). Tablets and mobile broadband can choose from 10GB and 20GB unlimited options. Connected devices and smartwatches can choose from 3GB, 10GB and 20GB unlimited options. Basic devices will receive 3GB of high-speed data. Once the high-speed data allotment is reached, data speeds will be slowed to 512 Kbps for the remainder of the bill cycle. Additionally, the Premium Unlimited Plan includes unlimited international text messaging from the US and mobile hotspot/tethering capability on compatible devices, so you can connect with multiple Wi-Fi enabled devices.
Why would I want the Premium Unlimited Plan?
Cellcom's Lifestyle Unlimited Plan provides:
- No data overages… ever with unlimited data.
- The ability to choose the unlimited option that works best for your lifestyle.
- One monthly service charge per line that includes unlimited talk, text and data. No more separate charges for access and data.
- Unlimited International Text Messaging – from the U.S. to over 200 countries.
What devices are eligible to be on the Premium Unlimited Plan?
Smartphones, basic phones, mobile broadband devices (MiFi, USB Modems), tablets, connected devices (cameras, MiFleet) and smartwatches are eligible for the Premium Unlimited Plan. Residential Broadband Internet and Unlimited Home Phone Service are NOT eligible to be on the Premium Unlimited Plan.
How do I know how much data I will need for each device on the Premium Unlimited Plan?
Some tools to help you determine your data usage are:
- MyCellcom – View past bills which will tell you how much data you use per month.
- Data Calculator – Use our data calculator at https://www.cellcom.com/calculator.html to help estimate how much data you will need.
What is Keep Your Data?
Keep Your Data is an included feature on the Advantage Plan (shared data packages only), Share Plus Plan and Business Share Plus Plan that automatically keeps unused share plan data in your account until the end of the following month's billing cycle. When you use less data one month, you can use more data the following month without paying more. For example, if you are on the Advantage Plan with 10GB of data and only use 8GB in the current bill cycle, you will have an additional 2GB of shared data to use in the next bill cycle for a total of 12GB of data to be used. You will begin using Keep Your Data after you have used all your monthly data allowances. Keep Your Data will be forfeited after one billing cycle, when you change your plan (including changing the shared data plan amount), and change in primary line on the account.
What are Usage Controls?
Usage Controls provides 2 services to customers on select plans:
- Block data, text or voice service on a line – available free of charge.
- Allocate data usage limits at a line level – paid feature. When the line meets/exceeds the allocated data usage limit, customers can choose to have data shut off or be notified and have data usage continue.
- Due to when Cellcom receives usage records, this tool will NOT PREVENT OVERAGES, but will help prevent excessive overages.
- If customers choose to set usage limits when a line reaches the specified data usage limit, Cellcom will turn off data as soon as it meets/exceeds the limit set, but based on when we receive usage records, this could take up to 24 hours.
- If you want to be able to set usage limits on a line, you can contact Customer Care or stop into a Cellcom store to get the feature added.
How do I sign up for autopay and paperless bill to get the discounted unlimited data rates?
You can sign up for autopay (only checking and savings accounts qualify for the discount) and paperless bill one of 3 ways:
- Call Customer Care at 611 or stop into a Cellcom retail location.
- On the myCellcom web portal, sign up for autopay and paperless bill under myBill.
- On the myCellcom App, sign up for autopay and paperless bill under Settings.
You need to sign up for BOTH autopay (only checking and savings accounts qualify for the discount) and paperless bill to receive the discounted unlimited rates.
Credit and debit card payments are NOT eligible for the discount, only checking and savings accounts.
For paperless bill, you must confirm your email address before you are considered signed up.
Will my data speeds be slowed on unlimited plans?
Yes, it is based on plan and device type.
Premium Unlimited Plan – When each line reaches its high-speed data alllotment, data speeds will be slowed until the beginning of your next bill cycle. Following are the high-speed data allotments by devcie type:
- Smartphone Options:
- Samll – 6GB
- Medium – 25GB
- Large – 50GB
- Tablets and Mobile Broadband have 10GB and 20GB unlimited plan options.
- Connected Devices and Smartwatches have 3GB, 10GB and 20GB unlimited plan options.
- Basic Devices have a 3GB unlimited option.
Lifestyle Unlimited Plan – When each line reaches its high-speed data alllotment, data speeds will be slowed until the beginning of your next bill cycle. Following are the high-speed data allotments by devcie type:
- Smartphone Options:
- Lite – 3GB
- Unlimited – 10GB
- Unlimited Premier – 25GB
- Tablets and Mobile Broadband have 5GB, 10GB and 15GB unlimited plan options.
- Connected Devices and Smartwatches have 1GB, 5GB, 10GB and 15GB unlimited plan options.
- Basic Devices – 1GB
Unlimited Plan – When each line reaches it high-speed data allotment, data speeds will be slowed until the beginning of your next bill cycle. Following are the high-speed data allotments by device type:
- Smartphones depend on the unlimited data plan chosen per line. Following are the options:
- Bronze – 2GB
- Silver – 10GB
- Gold – 25GB
- Tablets – 15GB
- Mobile Broadband – 15GB
- Connected Devices – 15GB
- Smartwatch – 1GB
- Basic Phones – 500MB
Advantage Plan – When basic and smartphones reach 22GB per line per month and mobile broadband, tablets and connected devices reach 10GB per line per month, and smartwatches reach 1GB per line per month, data speeds will be reduced until the beginning of your next bill cycle.
To alleviate speed reductions, it's good to use Wi-Fi whenever possible.
On unlimited plans, can I use my smartphone to tether or use as a mobile hotspot?
Cellcom does not have any restrictions on using your smartphone as a mobile hotspot or tethering. Data speeds will be slowed when the line reaches it high speed data allotment.
Can I change my unlimited plan during the month?
You can always increase your unlimted plan option during the month. There may be some restrictions to decreasing your unlimited plan.
How many lines can I have on a plan?
That depends on the plan you are subscribed to. Please contact Customer Care to review this information with you.