Fixed Services & Policies
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Open Internet Policy
- Backup Power for Home Phone
- Smart Wi-Fi Manager
Acceptable Use Policy
By using Cellcom's Fixed Services, as that term is defined in Cellcom’s Fixed Services Terms and Conditions Customer agrees to be bound by, and comply with, this Cellcom Fixed Services Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") and any Terms and Conditions associated with the service(s) to which the customer subscribes. Cellcom reserves the right to change or modify the AUP and Terms and Conditions at any time at its discretion. Any changes or modifications become effective when posted. Customer's use of Cellcom's Fixed Services after the changes or modifications have been posted shall constitute acceptance of all such changes or modifications.
- Enforcement and Notification. Any user which Cellcom, at its sole discretion, determines has violated the terms of this AUP or Terms and Conditions may be subject to Cellcom taking action to enforce this AUP and Terms and Conditions. Those actions may include, but are not limited to, warning the violating user, suspending the violating user's account(s), or terminating the violating user's account(s). Cellcom may, when feasible, attempt to notify the user of the violation and allow the user to correct the violation. However, notification is not required nor does a failure to notify a user limit the actions Cellcom may take. Cellcom reserves the right to immediately suspend or terminate a user's service without notice in response to a legal order or government notice that certain conduct must be terminated immediately. In addition, Cellcom reserves the right to immediately suspend or terminate a user's service without notice if Cellcom reasonably determines that a user's conduct: (a) violates any applicable law or regulation; (b) exposes Cellcom to criminal or civil liability, prosecution, or sanctions; (c) exposes Cellcom's network or Cellcom's customers' network or property to harm; (d) interferes with the integrity or normal operations of Cellcom's network; or, (e) interferes with another Cellcom customer's use of Cellcom's data service. Cellcom's suspension of the user's service in accordance with this AUP is not, and shall not be construed to be, a termination of the user's corresponding service agreement with Cellcom; and the user shall be and remain obligated to comply with each and every term of such agreement notwithstanding the suspension (including, but not limited to, the payment of all fees and charges identified in that agreement). Further, notwithstanding any termination of a user's account(s) by Cellcom in accordance with this AUP, the user shall remain obligated to fulfill all accrued obligations stated in such user's service agreement with Cellcom, as well as any obligations resulting from the termination by Cellcom (including, but not limited to, the obligation to pay to Cellcom any early termination fees stated in the service agreement). Cellcom reserves the right to remove, block, filter, or restrict the transmission of any material or content that Cellcom determines, at its sole discretion, is unlawful. Such transmission, or attempted transmission, violates this AUP and Terms and Conditions and Cellcom may take action as described above.
- Prohibited Conduct and Activities. The Cellcom network must be used in a manner consistent with the intended use and purpose of Cellcom's network and services provided to the customer and may only be used for lawful purposes. Customers are prohibited from using Cellcom's network and services in order to transmit, distribute, or store material that in any way is unlawful, that is harmful to or interferes with Cellcom's network or services, or that adversely affects, or interferes with, the use or enjoyment of Cellcom's network or services by other users. In addition, the conduct and activities listed below are specifically prohibited. The list is not exclusive. Failure to specifically list a prohibited conduct or activity does not imply or confer that said conduct or activity is permitted or lawful.
- Unlawful Activities. Cellcom's services shall not be used in connection with any criminal, civil or administrative violation of any applicable local, state, federal, national or international law, treaty, court order, ordinance, regulation, or administrative rule. Customer shall not use Cellcom's network or services to transmit any material whose transmission is unlawful under any law applicable to such transmission.
- Harm to Minors. Customer shall not use Cellcom's network or services to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way.
- Child Pornography. Customer shall not use Cellcom's network or services to publish, submit, receive, upload, download, post, use, copy, produce, transmit, distribute, or store child pornography.
- Threatening Material or Conduct. Customer shall not use Cellcom's network or services to host, post, transmit, or re-transmit any content or material that harasses or threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
- Inappropriate Content. Cellcom reserves the right to remove or restrict posting of materials that, at Cellcom's sole and reasonable discretion, is determined to be obscene, indecent, defamatory, libelous, hateful, malicious, threatening, abusive, racist, excessively violent, promotes the use of violence against others, fraudulent, or treasonous.
- Harassment. Customer shall not use Cellcom's network or services to transmit any material that unlawfully or otherwise harasses another.
- Intellectual Property. Customer shall not use Cellcom's network or services to publish, submit, receive, upload, download, post, use, copy, reproduce, transmit, re-transmit, distribute, or store any material that may be subject to protection under privacy, publicity, or other personal rights and Intellectual Property rights including, but not limited to, copyright, patent, trademark, trade dress, and trade secret. Customer shall not use Cellcom's network or services in any manner that would dilute, misappropriate, infringe, or violate any such rights.
- Fraudulent or Misleading Content. Customer shall not use Cellcom's network or services to transmit or distribute material containing fraudulent offers for goods and services or any advertising containing false, deceptive, or misleading statements, claims, or representations.
- Harmful Content. Customer shall not use Cellcom's network or services to transmit, distribute, or store material that may be harmful to or interfere with Cellcom's network and services or any third party's network, service, or system. This includes, but is not limited to, viruses, worms, and Trojan horses.
- Forgery or Impersonation. Customer shall not use Cellcom's network or services to add, remove, or modify identifying information in an attempt to deceive or mislead the recipient of such information or to impersonate another person.
- Unauthorized Access. Customer shall not use Cellcom's network or services to access, or to attempt to access without authorization, the accounts of others or to gain access to Cellcom's network, databases, or systems, whether or not the attempt or intrusion is successful.
- Unsolicited Commercial or Bulk E-mail. Customer shall not use Cellcom's network or services to transmit unsolicited commercial e-mail, unsolicited bulk e-mail, or any such e-mails which could reasonably be considered "spam." In addition, Customers are prohibited from using another provider's service to send "spam" to promote a site hosted on or connected to Cellcom's network or services. Customers shall also refrain from using Cellcom's network and services to: (1) send e-mail messages which are excessive and/or intended to harass or annoy others; (2) continue to send e-mail messages to a recipient that has indicated they no longer wish to receive them; (3) send an e-mail with a forged TCP/IP packet header information; (4) send malicious e-mail, including, without limitation, "mail-bombing"; or, (5) send or receive e-mail messages in a manner that violates the use policies of any other Internet service provider.
- Collection of Personal Data. Customer shall not use Cellcom's network or services to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent. This includes, but is not limited to, phishing activities.
- Network Disruptions and Adverse Activity. Customer shall not use Cellcom's network or services to conduct activities that may be harmful to or interfere with Cellcom's network or services or any third party's network or services. In addition, customer shall not use Cellcom's network or services to conduct any activity that adversely affects the ability of other customers to use Cellcom's network or services. This includes, but is not limited to, flooding, mail bombing, or denial of service attacks. Such violations may also result in criminal and/or civil liability. Cellcom will investigate such activity, and when warranted, may involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users involved in such activity.
- Third Party Rules. Failure to adhere to any rules, guidelines, or agreements applicable to search engines, subscription Web services, chat areas, bulletin boards, Web pages, USENET, or other services that are accessed through Cellcom's network or services shall constitute a violation of the AUP and/or Terms and Conditions.
- Prohibition on Resale. Customers are prohibited from reselling Cellcom's services without Cellcom's prior authorization whether or not a fee is being charged.
- Content Responsibilities. Customers remain solely and fully responsible for the content of any material created, accessible, posted, hosted, downloaded, uploaded, accessed, or transmitted either on or through Cellcom's network or services. Cellcom takes no responsibility for such content.
- Monitoring Obligations. Cellcom is under no obligation to monitor Customer's content, usage, bandwidth, or transmission associated with the Customer's use of Cellcom's network or services. However, Cellcom reserves the right to do so. Cellcom may monitor content, usage, bandwidth, or transmissions as necessary to: (a) enforce the terms of the AUP and Terms and Conditions; (b) comply with applicable laws, regulations, or other governmental or judicial directives; (c) protect Cellcom's network and services; or, (d) ensure other users are not being adversely affected by Customer's conduct or activity. Cellcom reserves the right to modify, restrict, or block access or usage in response to discoveries made while monitoring content, usage, bandwidth, or transmissions.
- Indemnification. Customer will defend and indemnify Cellcom against all claims, actions, judgments, damages, fines, costs, and other expenses, including reasonable lawyer's fees and disbursements (collectively, "Indemnification Claims") arising out of Customer's failure to comply with the requirements of this AUP and the certifications and commitments contained herein. For avoidance of doubt, Indemnification Claims shall include regulatory enforcement proceedings initiated by any Government Authority and the costs thereof. In relation to any Indemnification Claims: (a) Cellcom shall have sole control of the defense and/or settlement thereof; (b) Customer shall furnish to Cellcom on request all information in Customer's possession or control for such defense; and (c) Customer shall cooperate with Cellcom in the defense of such claims as requested by Cellcom.
- Failure to Enforce AUP and Terms and Conditions. The failure of Cellcom to enforce this AUP and/or Terms and Conditions, regardless of the reason for not doing so, shall not constitute a waiver of any right to do so at any time. Customer agrees that should any portion of this AUP and/or Terms and Conditions be found invalid or unenforceable, that portion, and that portion only, shall be construed as consistent as possible with the applicable law. The remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) for Cellcom fixed services: Wireline Voice, TV, Fixed-Wireless, or a combination of those services ("Services"), is by and between Nsighttel Wireless, LLC., a Wisconsin limited liability company with its principal place of business at 1580 Mid Valley Drive, PO BOX 5370, De Pere, Wisconsin 54115 (d/b/a and hereinafter referred to as "Cellcom"), and the party whose name(s) appear on the agreement ("Customer"). These Terms and Conditions shall become effective on the date the agreement is signed.
- TRUTH-IN-BILLING REQUIREMENTS: TELEVISION VIEWER PROTECTION ACT ("TVPA")
The truth-in-billing provisions of the TVPA set forth requirements that Nsight Telservices/ Cellcom disclose at the time of sale the total charge for multichannel video service, including surcharges and fees, as well as itemize charges on e-bills.
- Transparency Obligation — Before entering into a contract with a consumer for a multichannel video programming service, Cellcom must provide the consumer – by phone, in person, online, or by other reasonable means – with the total monthly charge for the service selected by the consumer, whether provided individually or as a part of a bundle. If the service involves a promotional discount, the provider must note the amount of the discount and when it will expire. The charge shall include — related administrative fees, equipment fees or other charges, a good faith estimate of any tax, fee, or charge imposed by the federal, state or local government (regardless of whether the charge is imposed on the provider or on the consumer and collected by the provider), and a good faith estimate of any fee or charge that is used to recover any other assessment imposed on the provider by the federal, state, or local government.
- Formal Notice Obligation — Within 24 hours of entering into a contract with a consumer for a multichannel video programming service, Cellcom shall send the consumer by email, online link, or other reasonably comparable means, a copy of the information set forth above.
- Consumer Right to Cancel — A consumer shall have the right to cancel a contract for a multichannel video programming service within 24 hours of Cellcom sending the information to the consumer without incurring early cancellation fees or other disconnection fees or penalties.
- Consumer Rights in E-Billing — The new law also adopts requirements that pertain specifically to e-billing. In particular, if Cellcom, the provider of multichannel video programming service provides a bill to a consumer in electronic format, the provider shall include in the bill:
- an itemized statement setting forth the amount charged for the provision of service and the amount of all related taxes, administrative fees, equipment fees, or other charges;
- the termination date of the contract between the provider and consumer; and
- the termination date of any applicable promotional discount.
- EQUIPMENT AND SERVICES.
- Services may be subject to transmission limitations caused by atmospheric or geographic conditions. The Services may be temporarily refused or limited because of the system's capacity limitations. Services to any or all customers may be temporarily interrupted or curtailed, without notice, due to Cellcom Equipment, as that term is defined herein, modifications, upgrades, relocations, repairs or similar activities necessary for the proper or improved operations of the system.
- Common Provisions. Each financially responsible individual, business, or entity identified on the agreement hereof shall be jointly and severally responsible for payment of all Services on Customer's account. Neither the Cellcom Equipment nor the Services shall be used by Customer for any purpose that is in violation of federal, state or local law, nor shall the same be used in such manner as to unreasonably interfere with the use of the Services by one or more other customers.
- ACCESS AND INSTALLATION.
Customer will provide Cellcom and its subcontractors with reasonable access to your premises in order to install your Service, your Leased Equipment, and your Receiving Equipment; and you authorize any other adult resident or guest at your residence to grant access to your premises for these purposes. Additionally, if you request or contract for repair or replacement service from Cellcom ("Repair Service"), then as part of that request or contract you also grant access to your premises for that purpose. You understand and agree that, as part of any such installation or Repair Service, Cellcom may drill, cut, and otherwise alter improvements on the premises (including walls, flooring, roofs, eves, and/or other surfaces) in order to install, maintain, or repair your Service and your Equipment. If you do not own your premises or your unit is part of a multi-tenant environment (e.g., an apartment building, condominium, or private subdivision), you warrant that you have obtained permission from any necessary party, including, but not limited to, the owner, landlord, or building manager, to allow Cellcom and its subcontractors reasonable access to install your Service and your Equipment, or perform any Repair Service, and to make any alterations that Cellcom deems appropriate for the installation or Repair Service.
- LIABILITY DISCLAIMER AND INDEMNIFICATION.
- EQUIPMENT. CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT CELLCOM IS NEITHER THE MANUFACTURER NOR THE AGENT OF THE MANUFACTURER OF THE EQUIPMENT PROVIDED HEREUNDER. CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT CELLCOM MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE EQUIPMENT AND THAT CELLCOM DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL CELLCOM BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY AN EQUIPMENT MALFUNCTION OR FAILURE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF EQUIPMENT, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUE, COST OF RENTING REPLACEMENTS, AND OTHER ADDITIONAL EXPENSES, EVEN IF CELLCOM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- ADDITIONAL LIMITATIONS. It is further specifically agreed as to the Cellcom Equipment and Services provided hereunder that Cellcom shall NOT be liable to Customer or any other party for:
- Any injury to person or damage to property resulting from any negligent or unintentional acts or omissions of Cellcom, its employees, agents or others.
- Any damage or loss by Customer as a result of any partial or complete interruption in the operation of its business or for any failure of any of its Cellcom Equipment or Services.
- Any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages of any kind sustained by Customer or any other person or entity for any failure of Cellcom Equipment, for the inability of Cellcom to promptly or properly repair Cellcom Equipment, for any interruption of any Services now or hereafter provided by Cellcom or for the loss of any transmission or the information contained therein.
- INDEMNIFICATION. Customer agrees to indemnify and hold Cellcom harmless from all claims, actions, suits, demands and judgments, including actual attorney’s fees and costs, which Cellcom may incur in defending itself against any of the aforesaid arising from Customer’s use or possession or other relationship to the Cellcom Equipment or Services supplied, worked on, or provided by Cellcom or its employees, agents or designees, including, but not limited to, any expenses arising from actions brought under the Occupational Safety and Health Act or other governmental regulations or laws.
- TERMINATION OF SERVICE.
- In the event Nsight Telservices, in its sole discretion, undertakes litigation or collection efforts against Customer to enforce the terms of this Agreement, and Nsight Telservices prevails in such efforts, Customer shall be responsible to reimburse Nsight Telservices for all costs and expenses, including actual attorneys’ fees, incurred by Nsight Telservices relative to such efforts, unless otherwise precluded by law. Further, in the event such litigation or collection effort arises from, or results in, the termination of this Agreement prior to the expiration of its term, Customer shall be liable to Nsight Telservices for the early termination fee (in addition to all outstanding charges on Customer’s account at the time of such termination).
- The term of Customer’s Agreement shall be tolled, and its expiration date extended, for any periods during which Services are suspended due to nonpayment or other violations of the terms of Customer’s Agreement by Customer. Upon Customer’s cure of such violation, Nsight Telservices may, acting in its sole discretion, reactivate Services and shall be entitled to charge Customer a reasonable reactivation fee.
- Customer is responsible for returning all Nsight Equipment used to provide Services in good working condition within 30 days of disconnection of the applicable service. Failure to return the Nsight Equipment within 30 days, or returning it in non-working condition, will result in a charge of $300 per each individual piece of Nsight Equipment with the charge(s) appearing on the customer’s next invoice.
- VOICE ACCESS NUMBER.
- Cellcom reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change Customer’s access number upon notice to the Customer. Customer acknowledges that Customer has no proprietary or ownership rights or interest in or to Customer’s number(s), except as allowed for by law, and cannot acquire such rights or interest through usage, publication or otherwise.
- Customer may request that Customer’s access number(s) be transferred to or from another service provider within the same local geographic area.
- If Customer transfers the access number(s) to Cellcom, all activation requirements and charges, including credit approval, apply. Customer remains liable for charges (including cancellation fees) incurred with a former service provider.
- If Customer requests to transfer the access number(s) to another service provider, this request will be considered a notice of Customer’s intention to terminate Services; and the terms of the Agreement set forth in the early termination fee paragraphs will apply. Upon request, all amounts then owed to Cellcom (including the early termination fee and any amounts that appear on the final invoice) shall become immediately due. If a transfer is unsuccessful for any reason, Services will not terminate, and Customer will continue to be responsible for all Service or other charges (not the early termination fee).
- When transferring access numbers to another service provider, voice mail, phone book or other Services may be lost.
- Cellcom does not guarantee, in any way, that such access number transfers to or from Cellcom will be successful.
- RATES AND CHARGES.
- Customer acknowledges that it is responsible to pay to Cellcom all charges resulting from the provision of Cellcom Equipment and use of the Services.
- Except as may be prohibited by law, Cellcom reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions upon notice to Customer and the expiration of a thirty-day objection period afforded to Customer. If, after receiving any such notice from Cellcom, Customer desires to terminate the Agreement due to the proposed amendment(s), Customer shall, within thirty days of receipt of Cellcom’s notice, deliver written notice of termination to Cellcom; and the Agreement and Customer’s ability to utilize the Services shall terminate on the fifth day following Cellcom’s receipt of Customer’s notice of termination. Notwithstanding, if Customer utilizes the Services or makes payment to Cellcom therefor after Customer’s receipt of Cellcom’s notice, Customer shall be deemed to have agreed to Cellcom’s proposed amendment(s) and shall not thereafter have any right to terminate the Agreement due to such amendment(s).
- There may be added to any charges incurred by Customer amounts equal to any industry-wide surcharges and/or fees and any surcharge, duty, levy, tax, or withholding, including, but not limited to, sales, property, ad valorem, excise and use taxes, or any tax in lieu thereof or in addition thereto, imposed by any local, state, or federal government or governmental agency with respect to the Services, or with respect to services provided to customers, excepting only taxes on the income of Cellcom. In addition, there may be added to any charges, additional charges to reimburse Cellcom for its reasonable and necessary costs and expenses incurred in maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements imposed by any local, state, or federal government or governmental agency having jurisdiction over Cellcom.
- Customer’s access to, and use of, Services is further governed by Cellcom’s “Acceptable Use Policy” which can be found at www.cellcom.com/terms/FixedSerivces. Among other things, the Acceptable Use Policy provides that Cellcom may suspend or terminate Customer’s access or use of Services at any time and without notice to Customer in the event Customer violates any term or condition of the Acceptable Use Policy.
- When Customer provides a check as payment, Customer authorizes Cellcom to make a one-time electronic funds transfer from Customer’s account. Therefore, funds may be withdrawn from Customer’s account on the same day Customer’s payment is received. Customer may not receive Customer’s check back from Customer’s financial institution.
- Autopay (checking and savings accounts only, no credit or debit cards) and paperless bill required for the discounted rate of $2 per month.
- OPEN INTERNET DISCLOSURE.
- THROTTLING. Data speeds on Cellcom’s Fixed Wireless Internet plans will automatically slow to a maximum of 1.5 mbps for the remainder of the bill cycle when usage reaches its high-speed data allotment. Customer may contact Customer Care to review plan options available. Ability to stream, video resolution, speed, and other data usage are not guaranteed, may vary, and may be impacted by a variety of other factors.
- PRIORITIZATION. If necessary, Cellcom may prioritize mobile wireless traffic over fixed wireless traffic. If so done, you may notice decreased speeds with the Services.
- MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS.
- Entire Agreement. These Terms and Conditions, together with all agreements and any other documents referenced herein, shall constitute the entire agreement between the parties; and no term or condition contained herein or therein may be modified or waived, except in writing signed by an authorized representative of Cellcom. The acceptance by Cellcom of any payment after it shall become due shall not constitute or be construed as a waiver of any or all of Cellcom’s rights hereunder.
- Assignment and Interpretation. These Terms and Conditions shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the heirs, representatives, successors and assigns of the parties hereto; provided, however, that Customer may not assign this Agreement, or any or all rights or obligations hereunder, to any third party without the prior written consent of Cellcom. The interpretation of this Agreement shall be subject to the laws of the State of Wisconsin.
- Severability. The invalidity of any portion of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity of the remainder of the provisions hereof.
- Service Fee. Customer may change to other pricing plans available to existing customers, but the term of this Agreement will remain unchanged unless such term is otherwise extended under the terms of another pricing package selected by Customer.
- Technology Enhancements. Cellcom reserves the right to change your Cellcom Equipment’s software or programming, over the air, without notice.
- Cellcom conducts routine performance measures and testing of our network.
- TRUTH-IN-BILLING REQUIREMENTS: TELEVISION VIEWER PROTECTION ACT ("TVPA")
Open Internet Policy
Cellcom has adopted the following network management practices, performance characteristics, and commercial terms for its Broadband Internet access services in its good faith effort to comply with the Federal Communications Commission's ("FCC's") Restoring Internet Freedom transparency requirements, pursuant to FCC 17-166. It is Cellcom's intent to fully comply with the Restoring Internet Freedom transparency disclosure requirements and it believes the information contained below accomplishes that intent.
These practices, characteristics, and terms are intended to help preserve the Internet as an open framework that enables consumer choice, freedom of expression, end-user control, competition, and freedom to innovate without permission, while permitting Cellcom to manage its network reasonably.
These practices, characteristics, and terms are effective as of June 11, 2018. Cellcom may add, delete, or modify certain practices, characteristics, or terms from time to time at its discretion. Any modifications or changes will be posted on this website. As such, we encourage customers to visit this website periodically to review our practices.
Network Management Practices
Cellcom is committed to providing the best broadband Internet experience possible to all of its customers. Cellcom and its staff use their best efforts to monitor, address and minimize (but do not guarantee that they can prevent) the effects of spam, viruses, security attacks, network congestion, and other phenomena that can degrade the service of affected customers.
Reasonable network management is defined as any practice "appropriate and tailored to achieve a legitimate network management purpose" and takes into account a carrier's particular network architecture and technology.
- Subject to reasonable network management practices, Cellcom does not block consumers from accessing lawful websites or any applications that compete with its voice or video telephony services or those of its affiliates.
- Cellcom's Fixed Wireless Internet Services Plan, Cellcom Data speeds on the Fixed Wireless Internet plan will automatically slow to a maximum of 1.5 mbps for the remainder of the bill cycle when usage reaches its high-speed data allotment. Customer may contact Customer Care to review plan options available. Ability to stream, video resolution, speed, and other data usage are not guaranteed, may vary, and may be impacted by a variety of other factors.
- Affiliated Prioritization.
- Not applicable. Cellcom does not engage in any practice that directly or indirectly favor traffic to benefit an affiliate.
- Paid Prioritization.
- Not applicable. Cellcom does not engage in any practice that directly or indirectly favors some traffic over other traffic in exchange for consideration, monetary or otherwise.
- Congestion Management.
- Congestion is an Internet access service problem that can slow web browsing, downloading, and other activities of the customers during certain peak usage periods. During periods of congestion they may experience conditions such as longer times to download or upload files, slower Web surfing, and/or slower movements during online game playing. This congestion may be caused by capacity limits and bottlenecks in a service provider's own network or by limitations in the capacity of backhaul facilities and services that many service providers must purchase from unrelated entities.
- Cellcom manages its network using a protocol-agnostic method. This means congestion is not managed based on online activities, protocols, or applications. In the event of congestion, all traffic is classified as "best effort." If significant congestion problems arise in the future, Cellcom most desired approach is to determine the source of the problem, and to increase the capacity of the affected portions of its network and/or of its connections with the Internet where warranted. However, network and other facilities upgrades often cannot be accomplished instantaneously because of the need to interconnect with multiple, unrelated entities.
- Application-Specific Behavior.
- Cellcom does not have its own third-party application certification criteria or procedures, nor does it restrict the use of applications on its network unless they are unlawful or unless there is a reasonable belief that such applications will cause harm to its network. Cellcom will expeditiously inform an application developer of any decision to deny access to Cellcom's network for a particular application of such developer.
- Device Attachment Rules.
- Cellcom provides the demarc device on all landline or fixed wireless Internet connections. In special cases, customers may request that we “bridge” the provided device. In this case, there is no restriction on the type of the device used on the customer side of the bridge.
- Cellcom does not normally monitor the traffic of its customers. It undertakes no obligation to monitor or protect such customer traffic from spam, viruses, denial-of-service attacks, or other malicious, unlawful or unwanted activities.
- Our network employs metrics which determine whether there is a Denial of Service or similar attack hitting the network. During the time of such attacks inbound and outbound traffic filtering techniques will be employed to avoid network congestion and other network degradation. If any network traffic appears to be a malicious attempt to disrupt the network, such as by e-mail spamming or otherwise, corrective action will be taken and network information may be transmitted to the appropriate law enforcement agency for investigation and possible criminal prosecution under various computer hacking laws.
- A customer that is subjected to a denial-of-service attack, or similar malicious, unlawful or unwanted activity, is urged to notify Cellcom as soon as possible. Cellcom will work with the customer, other service providers, federal and state regulators, and/or law enforcement to determine the source of such activity, and to take appropriate, and technically and economically reasonable efforts to address the matter.
- Service Description.
Cellcom Fixed Services landline internet and fixed wireless internet uses two different network technologies.
- Landline Internet
- The Company uses a fiber-to-the-home (“FTTH”) network. The company uses fiber optic and an MPLS network to service select businesses. The expected access speeds in the FTTH portion of the network range from 1 Mbps to 250 Mbps based upon product. The access speeds in the MPLS network range from 6 Mbps to 100,00 Mbps based upon the product.
- Actual access speeds and time delays (latency) are impacted by the length, capacity and congestion of Middle Mile transport facilities (between the Company’s service area and Internet nodes) as well as the characteristic of the Company’s own network. Because conditions on these facilities and routes can change frequently, the Company can provide estimated actual access speed and latency information only for specific recent time periods requested by a customer.
- If a customer subscribes to video services, Internet broadband speed may be impacted due to the bandwidth utilized by Digital TV.
- Actual access speeds and time delays (latency) are impacted by the length, capacity and congestion of Middle Mile transport facilities (between the Company’s service area and internet nodes) as well as the characteristic of the Company’s own network. Because conditions on these facilities and routes can change frequently, the Company can provide estimated actual access speed and latency information only for specific recent time periods requested by a customer.
- Fixed Wireless Internet
- CBRS/Fixed Wireless Internet – The expected access speeds in the CBRS/Fixed Wireless network range from 20 Mbps to 100 Mbps, however, during peak times, typically late afternoons and evenings, the average speed may be reduced.
- Latency, also known as delay, is the amount of time from when a data packet is sent to when it is received. For broadband Internet access services, latency is usually expressed as the round-trip time in milliseconds ("ms") that it takes for a data packet to travel between two end points on the Internet (from point A to point B and then back to point A). Some applications, such as email, can tolerate a substantial amount of latency without any noticeable impact on the application's performance, while other applications, such as real-time video conferencing, require lower latency to function properly.
- Although latencies can vary due to several factors, Cellcom's CBRS/Fixed Wireless Internet access service customers can typically expect the following latencies when accessing the internet:
Technology Time in Milliseconds Technology Suitability of the Service for Real Time Applications CBRS 63 to 106 Yes
- Landline Internet
- Price. Cellcom’s pricing, terms and conditions are available at www.cellcom.com.
- Redress Options. Questions and complaints regarding the foregoing matters should be addressed to Cellcom’s Customer Service Department at 800-826-5215 or email.
Backup Power for Home Phone Service During Power Outages
For many years, your home phone would allow you to stay connected to emergency voice services during a power outage/loss of power. However, many of today’s advanced home phone services may require backup battery power to continue functioning during a power outage. To avoid a disruption of home voice service during a power outage—and to maintain the ability to connect to 911 emergency services—we provide a backup power unit (where necessary) for your home phone service at no cost to you.
Our backup batteries for telephone modems allow you to continue to use your home voice services during a power outage. Without a backup battery or alternate backup source such as a generator, you will not be able to make any calls, including emergency calls to 911. The only way to maintain the ability to use your phone is by using some form of backup power.
Our backup battery does not provide power to any services other than voice. AC-powered phones, cordless telephones and charging/base stations, home security systems, medical monitoring devices and other equipment will not run on your home phone backup battery.
Backup batteries are expected to last at least 8 hours on standby power. The backup battery should give you approximately 6 hours of talk time. These batteries are not rechargeable. They will not last forever and should be replaced when the device starts to make a loud beeping sound. That sound means that the battery is depleted and must be replaced. Please contact our technical support team at 800-224-3308 to schedule installation of a replacement battery.
If you feel 8 hours is not enough time, you can purchase a battery option that is designed to last 24 hours. If you are interested in this option, please contact us at 800-826-5215.
Smart Wi-Fi Manager
Terms & Conditions
In order to use the Calix CommandIQ® Mobile Application, rebranded as Smart Wi-Fi Manager by New-Cell, Inc, (DBA Nsight and Cellcom), you must agree to Calix's terms and conditions, which includes the information about you that Calix will collect and use. Nsight has no control over the terms and conditions or the collection and use of your information by Calix.
CommandIQ® Mobile Application End User License Agreement (For the Apple App Store) This Calix, Inc. CommandIQ Mobile Application End User License Agreement ("Agreement") is a binding agreement between you ("End User" or "you") and Calix, Inc. ("Calix"). This Agreement governs your use of the CommandIQ Mobile Application through the Apple App Store, including all related documentation, (the "App"). The App is licensed, not sold, to you.
BY CLICKING THE "ACCEPT" BUTTON BELOW OR CHECKING “I ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS” ON THE APP REGISTRATION PAGE, YOU (A) ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT; (B) REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE OF LEGAL AGE TO ENTER INTO A BINDING AGREEMENT; AND (C) ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE LEGALLY BOUND BY ITS TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, CLICK “DECLINE” BELOW AND DO NOT USE THE APP.
- License Grant. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Calix grants you a limited, non-exclusive, and nontransferable license to download, install, and use the App for your personal, non-commercial use on a mobile device owned or otherwise controlled by you ("Mobile Device") strictly in accordance with the App's documentation. This license is provided to you free of charge.
- License Restrictions. Licensee shall not:
- copy the App, except as expressly permitted by this license;
- modify, translate, adapt, or otherwise create derivative works or improvements, whether or not patentable, copyrightable or registrable under intellectual property laws, of the App;
- reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to the source code of the App or any part thereof;
- remove, delete, alter, or obscure any trademarks or any copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights notices from the App, including any copy thereof;
- rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer, or otherwise make available the App, or any features or functionality of the App, to any third party for any reason, including by making the App available on a network where it is capable of being accessed by more than one device at any time;
- remove, disable, circumvent, or otherwise create or implement any workaround to any copy protection, rights management, or security features in or protecting the App; or
- use the App in, or in association with, the design, construction, maintenance, or operation of any hazardous environments or systems, including any power generation systems; aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control systems, or any other transport management systems; safety-critical applications, including medical or life-support systems, vehicle operation applications or any police, fire, or other safety response systems; and military or aerospace applications, weapons systems, or environments.
- Reservation of Rights. You acknowledge and agree that the App is provided under license, and not sold, to you. You do not acquire any ownership interest in the App under this Agreement, or any other rights thereto other than to use the App in accordance with the license granted, and subject to all terms, conditions, and restrictions, under this Agreement. Calix reserves and shall retain its entire right, title, and interest in and to the App, including all copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights therein or relating thereto, except as expressly granted to you in this Agreement.
- Collection and Use of Your Information.
- You acknowledge that when you download, install, or use the App, Calix may collect information about your Mobile Device and about your use of the App. You also may be required to provide certain information about yourself as a condition to downloading, installing, or using the App or certain of its features or functionality. When you download, register with, or use the App, we may ask you to provide information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information") and that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your password, and your router’s MAC address and serial number. This information includes information that you provide by filling in forms in the App and information provided at the time of registering to use the App. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the App and keep records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us. Additionally, you may provide personal or other information to your internet service provider and other third parties that may be provided to us by your internet service provider and displayed on the App through your use of the App. The provision of this information by you to these third parties may be subject to such third parties’ terms and conditions. Calix does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for such information.
- We use information that we collect about you, that you provide to us, or that we receive from your internet service provider, including any personal information, to provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, including any in-App notifications related to your use of the App, fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it and/or carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. Your internet service provider may also use information that we collect about you to contact you about goods and services offered by your internet service provider or other third parties that may be of interest to you by sending you emails or in-App notifications. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please do not use the App and delete your account. If you agree to let us use your information in this way but do not wish to receive in-App notifications, you may adjust your push notification preferences in your account profile.
- Information You Provide to Third Parties. You acknowledge that you may provide personal or other information to your internet services provider and other third parties, that may be displayed by Calix on the App through your use of the App. The provision of this information by you to these third parties may be subject to such third parties’ terms and conditions. Calix does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for such information. The App may display, include, or make available content (including data, information, applications, and other products, services, and/or materials) from your internet service provider including data based on your service selections, instructions and/or consent to your internet service provider.
- Updates. Calix may from time to time in its sole discretion develop and provide App updates, which may include upgrades, bug fixes, patches, other error corrections, and/or new features (collectively, including related documentation, "Updates"). Updates may also modify or delete in their entirety certain features and functionality. You agree that Calix has no obligation to provide any Updates or to continue to provide or enable any particular features or functionality. Based on your Mobile Device settings, when your Mobile Device is connected to the internet either:
- the App will automatically download and install all available Updates; or
- you may receive notice of or be prompted to download and install available Updates.
- Third-Party Materials. At the request of your internet service provider, we may display, include, or make available on the App content from third parties or provide links to third-party websites or services, including through third-party advertising ("Third-Party Materials"). You acknowledge and agree that Calix is not responsible for Third-Party Materials, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality, or any other aspect thereof. Calix does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for any Third-Party Materials. Third-Party Materials and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you, and you access and use them entirely at your own risk and subject to such third parties' terms and conditions. If you do not wish to have such Third Party Materials displayed or sent to you, you may adjust the push notification preferences in your account profile or delete the App.
- Term and Termination.
- The term of Agreement commences when you acknowledge your acceptance and will continue in effect until terminated by you or Calix as set forth in this Section 8.
- You may terminate this Agreement by deleting your CommandIQ account and the App (and all copies thereof) from your Mobile Device(s). Please note that deleting your CommandIQ account will not delete your account(s) with your internet service provider for related services.
- Calix may terminate this Agreement at any time without notice if it ceases to support the App, which Calix may do in its sole discretion. In addition, this Agreement will terminate immediately and automatically without any notice if you violate any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Upon termination:
- all rights granted to you under this Agreement will also terminate; and
- you must cease all use of the App and delete all copies of the App from your Mobile Device(s).
- Termination will not limit any of Calix's rights or remedies at law or in equity.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. THE APP IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" AND WITH ALL FAULTS AND DEFECTS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, CALIX, ON ITS OWN BEHALF AND ON BEHALF OF ITS AFFILIATES, EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO THE APPLICATION, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. WITHOUT LIMITATION TO THE FOREGOING, CALIX PROVIDES NO WARRANTY OR UNDERTAKING, AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND THAT THE APP WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, ACHIEVE ANY INTENDED RESULTS, BE COMPATIBLE, OR WORK WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE, APPLICATIONS, SYSTEMS, OR SERVICES, OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, MEET ANY PERFORMANCE OR RELIABILITY STANDARDS, OR BE ERROR-FREE, OR THAT ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS CAN OR WILL BE CORRECTED.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF OR LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATIONS ON THE APPLICABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Limitation of Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL CALIX OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, HAVE ANY LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE APP FOR:
- PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOST PROFITS, COST OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
- DIRECT DAMAGES IN AN AMOUNT THAT IN THE AGGREGATE EXCEED $100.00 US.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Calix and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors, and assigns from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses of whatever kind, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising from or relating to your use or misuse of the App or your breach of this Agreement, including but not limited to the content you submit or make available through this App.
- Export Regulation. The App may be subject to US export control laws, including the US Export Administration Act and its associated regulations. You shall not, directly or indirectly, export, re-export, or release the App to, or make the App accessible from, any jurisdiction or country to which export, re-export, or release is prohibited by law, rule, or regulation. You shall comply with all applicable federal laws, regulations, and rules, and complete all required undertakings (including obtaining any necessary export license or other governmental approval), prior to exporting, re-exporting, releasing, or otherwise making the Application available outside the US.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is illegal or unenforceable under applicable law, the remainder of the provision will be amended to achieve as closely as possible the effect of the original term and all other provisions of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect.
- Governing Law and Dispute Resolution. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state of California, excluding its choice of law rules. The United Nations Convention for the International Sale of Goods shall in no event apply to this Agreement. Any and all dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof, including the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, shall be determined by arbitration held in San Francisco, California before one neutral arbitrator. THE PARTIES UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THEY ARE WAIVING THEIR RIGHT TO BRING SUCH CLAIMS TO COURT, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL. The arbitration proceedings shall be administered by JAMS pursuant to its Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures, which are incorporated herein by reference, as may be modified by the provisions in this Section. The arbitration and proceedings shall be confidential. Either party may file pre-hearing motions directed at the legal sufficiency of a claim or defense equivalent to a demurrer or summary judgment prior to the arbitration hearing. The arbitrator will issue a detailed written decision and award, resolving the dispute. The arbitrator’s written opinion and award shall decide all issues submitted and set forth the legal principles supporting each part of the opinion, and shall be final and binding upon the parties. The arbitrator shall be authorized to grant any temporary, preliminary or permanent equitable remedy or relief the arbitrator deems just and equitable and within the scope of this arbitration agreement, including an injunction or order for specific performance. The arbitrator may award fees, costs, and reasonable attorneys’ fees to the party who substantially prevails in the arbitration. Judgment on the arbitral award may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. This clause shall not preclude the parties from seeking provisional remedies in aid of arbitration from a court of appropriate jurisdiction.
- Waiver. No failure to exercise, and no delay in exercising, on the part of either party, any right or any power hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right or power hereunder preclude further exercise of that or any other right hereunder. In the event of a conflict between this Agreement and any applicable purchase or other terms, the terms of this Agreement shall govern.
Last updated: May 2021
- The personal information that is collected when you download, install, register for and/or use the App; and
- Calix’s practices associated with collecting, using, retaining, disclosing and protecting the information associated with your use of the App.
- Calix collects on its website; or
- Calix may collect unrelated to Calix’s provision of the App.
Personal information does not include information that has been anonymized or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific natural person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
Children Under the Age of 16
The App is not intended for children under 16 years of age, and Calix does not knowingly collect personal data of children under 16. If Calix learns that personal data from a child under 16 has been obtained or received without verification of parental consent, Calix will delete that information. If you believe Calix might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact Calix at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Calix Collects Your Information
Calix collects and processes information provided directly by you when you install the App and register for an account to use the App. Specifically, this information includes:
- Your name, email address, location and your account number with your internet service provider;
- Information about the equipment deployed at your premises that you choose to connect to the App such as the MAC address, serial number or other unique identifier for your router;
- Browser information and session cookies related to your access and use of the App;
- Data insights Calix attains based on correlation and analytics of your information collected in providing the App, which may be used in aggregated and dis-aggregated formats or to obtain trend analytics, to provide the App; and
- Use of the above-described collected information in aggregated and dis-aggregated formats to enhance our current App or to provide App features.
How Calix Uses the Information
- Provide you with the App as described in the Agreement;
- Implement, improve and/or enhance the App, including to make future releases available to you;
- Enforce Calix’s rights arising from the Agreement between you and Calix; and
- Fulfill any other purpose authorized by you and reasonably required for the App.
Disclosure of Information
Calix discloses the information to its subsidiaries, affiliates and certain third-party vendors and contractors that provide development, integration, web hosting and consulting services to Calix for the purpose of providing you with the App, to maintain, support, develop, improve and/or enhance the App and to fulfill Calix obligations associated with the App.
Calix may be required to disclose information under certain circumstances:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce Calix’s rights arising from the Agreement entered into between you and Calix;
- If Calix believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Calix, its customers or other third parties; or
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Calix’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which you and/or you subscriber held by Calix are among the assets transferred.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Information
You may set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. If cookies are disabled or refused or if you block the use of other tracking technologies, some parts of the App may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
Accessing and Correcting Information
You can (a) access and review your information, including personal information, and (b) correct your information, by logging into the App and visiting the settings page.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Calix utilizes mechanisms such as intrusion detection systems, intrusion prevention systems, firewalls and encryption to secure information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Calix deploys Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) to alert and proactively contain potential threats. Enhanced security visibility and coverage is enabled through added layers of firewall and IDS beyond the network perimeter. Management connections to servers are always authenticated and encrypted via Secure Shell (SSH) when administration access is required for troubleshooting, patch management, and upgrades.
Calix runs automated vulnerability scanning on all perimeter systems to identify potential security risks. Scanning applications are regularly updated to remain current and up to date on important security vulnerabilities. Patches are applied to all relevant systems, unless a compensating control is implemented.
Calix uses a variety of industry-standard security technologies and best practices to help protect information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. All data stored on the Calix systems is encrypted following industry standards using the strongest keys and ciphers. All communications with the App are protected with industry standard security protocols.
You control access to your account and, as set forth in the Agreement, you are obligated to keep your login credentials and passwords secure and protected and maintained as confidential. Although Calix implements measures that are reasonably designed to protect the you, information may nevertheless be transmitted outside of Calix’s systems. Any such transmission of information is at your own risk, and Calix is not responsible for any circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures provided.
Last updated: August 2020
© 2020 Calix, All Rights Reserved