Porting Your Number
Porting Your Number Into Cellcom
Cellcom values you as a customer and is happy to bring your current number to Cellcom's service. We would like to make sure you have all the information needed to transfer/port your number into Cellcom with the least amount of effort. Here is what you need to know to move your number from your current carrier to Cellcom:
- Keep your phone number active with your current carrier until the transfer (port) in is completed because only active numbers can be transferred to Cellcom.
- When you come into a Cellcom retail or agent location, we will ask you if you are the financially responsible person on the account.
- This is important because only the financially responsible person on the account can authorize the port.
- Please bring your current carrier’s invoice with you when you set up your port request with Cellcom.
- Cellcom will need your account number from your current carrier.
- Cellcom will need your address and zip code as listed on your current carrier's invoice.
- If you have an account password or PIN with the current carrier, you will need to give that to Cellcom before we can process the port request.
- Please do not guess at your password/PIN. By guessing at the password/PIN, this may delay your port from the other carrier.
- Give Cellcom the date you want your number ported to us.
- Based on your current carrier, the port could happen in minutes, within four hours or, two to five business days.
- If incorrect information is supplied to Cellcom, your current carrier will send Cellcom a notification. We will contact you for the correct information, and once received, we will resend the port request.
- After the activation to Cellcom:
- Cellcom will call you to let you know your port is complete.
- Cellcom will text you (provided your device is capable of text) to let you know your port is complete.
- Your old carrier will deactivate/remove your number from their system the next business day.
- We suggest you call your prior carrier to confirm your service was deactivated and you are no longer being billed by them.
- If you port your number to Cellcom before your old carrier’s contract end date, you may be subject to early termination or equipment fees from the old carrier.
You are welcome to call Cellcom’s Customer Care at 1-800-236-0055 for any information on transferring your number and porting process questions.
Please click here for Cellcom’s current offers and promotions.
Porting Your Number Out of Cellcom
Cellcom appreciates that you chose us to be your cellular provider. So, before you make the important decision to leave our service, please contact our Customer Loyalty department to discuss what Cellcom can do to retain your service. We are more than willing to help and resolve issues. Please call us at 1-877-611-0009.
We know there are times when a customer may need to move their cellular number to another carrier. We would like to make sure you have all the information needed in order to make your experience as seamless as possible.
Here is what you need to know to move (port) your cellular number to another carrier:
- Keep your phone number active with Cellcom until the port out is completed because only active numbers can be ported to the new carrier.
- If you have an account password or PIN with Cellcom, you will need to give that to the new carrier. Cellcom will also need this information to release your number.
- Please do not guess at your password/PIN. By guessing at the password/PIN, this may delay the port to the other carrier.
- If needed, call Cellcom’s Customer Care at 1-800-236-0055 to change your password/PIN.
- Make sure you bring your Cellcom invoice with you when you set up your port request with the new carrier.
- You will need to give your Cellcom account number to the new carrier.
- You will need to give the zip code listed on your Cellcom invoice.
- Give the new carrier the date you want your number ported to them.
- If there is incorrect information supplied to Cellcom, we will send a notification to the new carrier. They should contact you for the correct information and resend the port request to us.
- After the transfer date/activation date with the new carrier, Cellcom will deactivate your service by the next business day.
- If you have multiple phone numbers on your account, Cellcom will only deactivate the numbers that have been transferred/ported away from us. All other service will remain active unless notified otherwise.
- If you port your number before the Cellcom contract end date, or before your equipment agreement has been fulfilled, you may be subject to early termination or equipment fees.
- If you would like to cancel your port request with the new carrier during the port transition and stay with Cellcom, it is important to call the new carrier to stop the port. Cellcom does not have the authority to stop a port by another carrier.
You are welcome to call Cellcom’s Customer Care at 1-800-236-0055 for any information and porting process questions. Again, Cellcom does value you as our customer. If there is anything we can do for you prior to the transfer request away from Cellcom, please call our Customer Loyalty team at 1-877-611-0009.
We would appreciate any feedback you are willing to give about why you are leaving us. Please click here to email your feedback.