How do I change my plan?
Simply call Cellcom's Customer Care center at (800) 236-0055 or visit your local Cellcom retail or authorized agent location for assistance.
I don't want to upgrade my phone, but I want to switch to the Unlimited Plus Plan. Can I change plans without upgrading?
Yes, you may switch to the Unlimited Plus Plan without upgrading your device or extending your existing contract. There are no fees to move to the Unlimited Plus Plan. Please stop in to a Cellcom store location or call Customer Care so we can build the best plan for you.
Will my data speeds be slowed on unlimited plans?
Yes, it is based on plan and device type.
Unlimited Plus Plan - After the premium data has been reached, Cellcom may slow speeds in areas where there is network congestion until that congestion is relieved.
Premium Unlimited Plan – When each line reaches its high-speed data allotment, data speeds will be slowed until the beginning of your next bill cycle. Following are the high-speed data allotments by device type:
- Smartphone Options:
- Small – 6GB
- Medium – 25GB
- Large – 50GB
- Tablets and Mobile Broadband have 10GB and 20GB unlimited plan options.
- Connected Devices and Smartwatches have 3GB, 10GB and 20GB unlimited plan options.
- Basic Devices have a 3GB unlimited option.
Lifestyle Unlimited Plan – When each line reaches its high-speed data allotment, data speeds will be slowed until the beginning of your next bill cycle. Following are the high-speed data allotments by device type:
- Smartphone Options:
- Lite – 3GB
- Unlimited – 10GB
- Unlimited Premier – 25GB
- Tablets and Mobile Broadband have 5GB, 10GB and 15GB unlimited plan options.
- Connected Devices and Smartwatches have 1GB, 5GB, 10GB and 15GB unlimited plan options.
- Basic Devices – 1GB
Unlimited Plan – When each line reaches it high-speed data allotment, data speeds will be slowed until the beginning of your next bill cycle. Following are the high-speed data allotments by device type:
- Smartphones depend on the unlimited data plan chosen per line. Following are the options:
- Bronze – 2GB
- Silver – 10GB
- Gold – 25GB
- Tablets – 15GB
- Mobile Broadband – 15GB
- Connected Devices – 15GB
- Smartwatch – 1GB
- Basic Phones – 500MB
Advantage Plan – When basic and smartphones reach 22GB per line per month and mobile broadband, tablets and connected devices reach 10GB per line per month, and smartwatches reach 1GB per line per month, data speeds will be reduced until the beginning of your next bill cycle.
To alleviate speed reductions, it’s good to use Wi-Fi whenever possible.
What is included in Cellcom's Unlimited Plus Plan?
Cellcom's Unlimited Plus Plan includes unlimited nationwide talk, messaging, and data (no overages) for up to 15 devices on an account. Customers can choose the unlimited plan that works best for them. Smartphones have 3 unlimited plans to choose from - Starter (1GB), Standard (50GB) and Select (100GB). Tablets, connected devices, and smartwatches can choose from 5GB, 20GB and 30GB options. Basic devices will receive 5GB of unlimited data. Additionally, the Unlimited Plus Plan includes unlimited international text messaging from the US and mobile hotspot/tethering capability on compatible devices, so you can connect multiple Wi-Fi enabled devices.
Can I change my unlimited plan during the month?
You can always increase your unlimited plan option during the month. There may be some restrictions to decreasing your unlimited plan.
Can I switch to a Lifeline calling plan if I am an existing Cellcom customer?
Yes. An existing customer can change to a Lifeline plan if they meet the eligibility criteria, regardless of whether you are currently under contract.
How do I sign up for Lifeline service?
If you meet all eligibility requirements, you have two easy ways to signup for Lifeline. Apply Online by going to the National Verifier consumer portal at getinternet.gov or fill out a paper application and mail to the Lifeline Support Center at PO Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
How do I unsubscribe from Usage Controls?
To unsubscribe from Usage Controls you can call Customer Care or stop in at a Cellcom store to have the feature removed. You will still have the ability to block data usage, text messaging and calls within myCellcom. You will not have the ability to set data usage limits per line.
How much do Usage Controls cost?
To be able to set usage limits:
- On consumer Premium Unlimited, Lifestyle Unlimited and Unlimited Plans, pricing is $0.99 per line per month. On consumer Advantage or Share Plans, pricing is $0.99 per line per month or $2.79 per account per month.
- On business Share or Unlimited Plans, pricing is $0.99 per line per month.
The ability to block data, text message or talk is an included feature free of charge on Unlimited Plans, all share plans, the Advantage Plan, Business Unlimited Plan and Business Unlimited Select Plan.
If I don't like the Unlimited Plus Plan, can I go back to my old plan?
The plan that you subscribed to previously may no longer be available once you move to the Unlimited Plus Plan. A Cellcom representative can review your options before completing a change to the Unlimited Plus Plan.
On unlimited plans, can I use my smartphone to tether or use as a mobile hotspot?
Cellcom does not have any restrictions on using your smartphone as a mobile hotspot or tethering. Data used will count towards the premium or high-speed data on the smartphone and may be slowed if it exceeds the allotted amount.
What are Usage Controls?
Usage Controls provides 2 services to customers on select plans:
- Block data, text or voice service on a line – available free of charge.
- Allocate data usage limits at a line level – paid feature. When the line meets/exceeds the allocated data usage limit, customers can choose to have data shut off or be notified and have data usage continue.
- Due to when Cellcom receives usage records, this tool will NOT PREVENT OVERAGES, but will help prevent excessive overages.
- If customers choose to set usage limits when a line reaches the specified data usage limit, Cellcom will turn off data as soon as it meets/exceeds the limit set, but based on when we receive usage records, this could take up to 24 hours.
- If you want to be able to set usage limits on a line, you can contact Customer Care or stop into a Cellcom store to get the feature added.
What is Lifeline?
Lifeline is a federally subsidized program that provides wireless services to qualified low-income individuals. As a Lifeline customer, you are able to receive a reduced rate on your monthly calling plan. This is not a free service. To continue to receive service, you are responsible for paying your monthly access fee in advance. Your wireless service will be terminated if you have not made a payment by the replenishment date.
What plans are Usage Controls available on?
Usage Controls are available on the below listed plans:
- Unlimited Plus Plan
- Premium Unlimited Plan
- Lifestyle Unlimited Plan
- Unlimited Plan
- Advantage Plan
- Share Plus Plan
- Share Unlimited Plan
- Share 1200 Plan
- Business Unlimited Plus Plan
- Business Premium Unlimited Plan
- Business Share Plus Plan
- Business Unlimited Select Plan
- Business Unlimited Plan
- Business Share Plan
Where do I go to set Usage Controls?
Usage Controls can be found within the myCellcom web portal or mobile app.
Who is eligible for Lifeline service?
Only one federally funded Lifeline service is available per household. Additional lines of service are not eligible to receive the Lifeline calling plan discount. Eligible wireless subscribers must be at least 18 years of age and have a physical address and reside in Cellcom's licensed markets. Applicant must participate in one of the following programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans Pension and Survivor Program Benefit
- Federal Housing Public Assistance
- Income below the Federal Poverty guidelines
To be eligible for Tribal Lifeline service, the applicant must have a physical address and reside on tribal lands within Cellcom's licensed markets. In addition, the applicant must participate on one of the programs listed above or one of the following:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal Head Start
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservation (FDPIR)
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)